Every year, Dan Beard Council awards one Eagle Scout a $1500 scholarship to recognize excellence in scouting. The recipient will be recognized as part of the Gathering of Eagles Breakfast in June.
Please be sure to use only the form from the Eagle Scout Association website when applying. The Eagle Scout applying for a scholarship must:
- Complete the application personally. Download here.
- Electronically submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Answer all questions on the application.
- Be advised that only those applications submitted prior to April 15, 2017 will be considered.
- Be advised that the selection committee will, in writing, notify those selected of its decision. There is no appeal, and the decision of the selection committee is final. Those selected will be listed on the ESA website (eagles.danbeard.org), but no written notification will be sent to applicants except those selected.
- Understand that submitting this application is in no way a guarantee that a scholarship will be granted.
- Be an Eagle Scout having passed the board of review on or before February 1, 2017.
- Submit applications via email with required attachments no later than April 15, 2017.
- Be a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate college student no later than completion of the junior year. You may receive the scholarship one time only.
- Provide a transcript, which must include the applicant’s cumulative GPA. The transcript need not be official.
- Provide test score sheets for the SAT and/or ACT from either an official test sheet or on the high school transcript.
- Provide one signed recommendation from a volunteer or professional Scout leader (please list Scouting title on the letter) who knows the applicant personally. This letter should attest to the general character of the applicant. This is the only endorsement required and accepted.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability in Scouting and a strong record of participation in activities outside of Scouting.